We are looking for a Chinese local full-time React Native developer who has at least 1 year of previous professional experience developing beautiful iOS and Android mobile applications using React Native. The ideal candidate is a seasoned developer who understands the full life-cycle and challenges of developing mobile apps for multiple platforms at once while maintaining consistency between the apps.
You are the right person for this position if you have successfully built and launched at least one application on both the Apple iOS Store and any Android-related store (eg. Google, Baidu or Xiaomi).
Most of the SmartShanghai team speaks both English and Chinese, but for this position fluency in English is not a requirement. We believe however that it is important that you have at least a basic grasp of written English in order to fully understand and appreciate the SmartShanghai content and the services that our websites and apps offer to our users.
- Development of the SmartShanghai app for iOS and Android using React Native.
- Brainstorm app features/improvements together with the rest of the tech- and design teams.
- Continuously communicate app development progress/issues to the rest of the SmartShanghai .tech team.
- Come up with a plan for how to best automate the build and deployment of the apps.
- Establish and execute a plan for testing the apps.
- Manage release builds of the apps.
- Work together with the tech and design teams to ensure consistent branding for the apps across all app stores that we are available on.
- A technical background, preferably a CS degree.
Comfortable developing in React Native.
- Implementing designs from PSD/AI/XD files.
- Efficiently calling an API and processing the responses.
- Working with image files; including resizing/optimizing, sending over HTTP, lazy loading etc.
- Previous experience integrating 3rd party services such as maps and analytics.
- Previous experience integrating WeChat services.
- Chinese citizen.
- You are preferably located in Shanghai.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Preferably you have previous experience in best practices for caching data in the apps, as to avoid unnecessary calls to the APIs.
- Preferably you have previous experience in various testing methods for React Native apps, to ensure quality.
- Preferably you have previous experience in using several of the Chinese Android app stores and know their differences and strengths/weaknesses.
- At least a Bachelors degree in a tech related field.
- At least one app previously launched on the Apple App Store and any Android store.
- At least basic English reading comprehension.
- Downtown Shanghai office, just a few minutes to Metro line 10, 12 and 1.
- Creative, mixed international work environment
- Unlimited coffee
- Work in a small team and report to an international well experienced Director of IT
- New iMac provided by the company
- Occasional free tickets and discounts to shows on SmartTicket
- Flexible work hours, 6 hours work on Friday
- Very rarely overtime work required
- Standing tables and high-quality office chairs
- No Sunday holiday compensation work days
- 13th-month salary
If you are interested in this position. please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org